fez cultural day tour
Fez cultural day tour.
Fez is the home to the oldest and largest authentic Medina in Morocco. It is considered the religious, cultural, and handicraft center of Morocco. For you photographers out there, there is plenty to capture during your visit.
Find out more about our Fes cultural guided tour.
We will start our Fes Cultural guided tours by picking you up from your Hotel or Riad in Fez and driving you towards the ancient city’s captivating sites and old monuments. First, on your Fes Guided Tours, your professional Guide will take you to the ancient core of Fes City.
The Old Medina of fez:
Where we will be wandering through the old narrow streets, lined with small traditional shops selling the most mesmerizing handicrafts. In Fez Alleys, you will get the chance to explore these lovely narrow streets and souks lined with local fresh fruit, vegetable, spices mounds, woven Berber carpets, and other Morocco handicraft items.
As you walk through Fez el-Bali, you are literally walking through 1,300 years of Moroccan heritage,
during the visit, don’t waste your chance to buy some souvenirs of these handicrafts. Most of Fès’ typical products have a handmade origin. It is possible to see all the manufacturing processes in the various souks.
Pottery: Pottery is probably the most typical product of Fes. The decorated dishes of Fès have been famous since the 10th century.
Leather: Slippers, shoes, jackets, poufs, bags, and suitcases are some of the most coveted leather items.
Fabrics: Carpets, tapestries, djellabas, and kaftans (the traditional dress of women).
Metal objects: Along with ceramics, metal objects are the most typical of Fez. Copper plates, traditional lamps, jewelry boxes, and decorative mirrors are the most popular souvenirs.
Sweets: Coconut, almonds, honey, and lots of sugar are the basis of Moroccan sweets.
Spices: If you like Moroccan cuisine, the best option is to buy some of the preparations that combine various spices.
- Next on your Fes Cultural Day Tour. We will keep walking through the alluring charm of the medina, with its colorful streets and rich tapestry of life. To explore the largest and oldest Tannery in Africa. The impressive “Chouara Tannery”: the oldest and the biggest fascinating tannery in Africa.
- In order to see the spacious array of leather and workers who use only natural colors to produce leather with a high-quality. Slippers, shoes, jackets, poufs, bags, and suitcases are some of the most coveted leather items. besides the show from their terraces. you can visit the shops next to the tanners where you can buy souvenirs.
- we will continue our Fes Cultural guided tour to The ancient schools of Fes. starting with Kairouine University which is the oldest university in the world, founded in 859 AD by Fatima Al-Fihri. The school is an incredible example of spectacular Arab architecture.
- Moreover, we will visit some old Quranic Schools such as “Medersa Bouanania“. Also “Medersa Al-Attarine”., was created by Sultan Uthman II Abu Said.
- Afterward, we would be visiting the magnificent “Zaouia Moulay Idriss II”. The spectacular sacred Shrine of the founder of Fes Medina.
Next, During our Fes Cultural Day Tour. we will visit The “Nejjarine Museum” the museum of wooden arts & crafts. housed in an 18th-century funduq. you will enjoy seeing the decorated tiles, musical instruments, and intricately carved cedar eaves overhead.
Don’t hesitate to join us at http://luxuryfeztours.com/ to enjoy this enjoyable cultural day in the old medina of Fez.
Transportation (air-conditioned vehicle)
Pick up-Drop off hotel/riad
Hotel/ Riad overnight stays.
Lunch & dinner
Departure/Return LocationHotel/Riad in Fes
IncludedDiscover beautiful waterfalls of SefrouDiscover population living caves in BhalilPick up & drop off Hotel/RiadProfessional English- French-speaking driverTransportation (air-conditioned vehicle)
Not IncludedAccommodationcamel trekkingEntrance fees to historical sites.Hotel/ Riad overnight stays.Local GuideMineral waterNight in Desert